COVID-19 Public Mandates
State of Iowa
February 7, 2021: Governor Kim Reynolds signed a public health proclamation. The proclamation no longer limits the size of gatherings and also lifted the statewide mask mandate. All organizers are encouraged to continue implementing proper safety standards for all attendees such as social distancing, increased hygiene measures and to follow guidance from the Iowa Department of Public health.
City of Des Moines
The city of Des Moines is 100% open, with no capacity limits for events with mitigation efforts approved by the city manager. The mask mandate for the City of Des Moines has been lifted in accordance with new CDC guidelines, but individuals that have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 are still encouraged to wear face coverings in public
Find more city information regarding COVID on their website.
Information and resources:
- Polk County Health Department: Travel Resources, Public Guidance, and Gathering recommendations
- Iowa Department of Public Health guidance for businesses and organizations
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus, Guidelines for Events, and Travel Notices
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- U.S. Travel Association: Health and Travel Safety Guidance
- Destinations International: Information and Resources
- North Star Meetings Group Summary of Meetings Industry Statements, Resources and Responses to Coronavirus