Adventureland is an amusement park, water park, and craft beer destination all in one. With more than 100 rides, shows, and attractions for all ages, it’s easy to spend an entire day (or weekend) taking in the thrill rides and chill vibes. Highlights include:
- The Dragon Slayer – a 4D spin coaster where, depending on the side you sit on, you have a more thrilling or milder ride.
- Flying Viking and Draken Falls – both new for 2023, Flying Vikings is a new coaster with speeds up to 26 mph over 1300 feet of a twisting, turning track; or hop about your Viking ship and race through the rapids in the new next generation log flume, Draken Falls.
- Monster – the park’s first-ever infinity rollercoaster, with speeds up to 65 mph.
- An on-site resort hotel with 185 guest rooms and swimming pool, along with a full service campground.
- Adventure Bay – a waterpark with Iowa’s biggest wave pool, lazy river and two swim up bars for the adults.
Open May through October, you can check out their operating calendar and even purchase tickets ahead of time here.