West Des Moines
There's a little something for everyone in West Des Moines! Need a few ideas to get you started?
Discover vintage gems at one of the many antique shops or find that masterpiece you've been searching for at a gallery. If those options don't strike your fancy, you'll surely enjoy one of the many restaurants, coffee shops or candy stores that line the streets!
There's always something happening at The Hall. From Oktoberfest celebrations and St. Patrick's Day socials to bingo and trivia, the good times are continuous. At this refurbished railroad stop, you can find bites from local food trucks, beers from nearby breweries, and games by the plenty.
Find your happy place at Smash Park. Play backyard games like cornhole, ping pong, pickleball and life-size Jenga. Or, enjoy a snack over classic board games like Connect Four and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.
Twisted Vine Brewery
This brewery is located right off I-235, making it a convenient stop for whenever you're out and about in West Des Moines. Twisted Vine has a variety of great beer, a packed events calendar, and it's on the Brew Moines passport app. Fun fact: on Valentine's Day this brewery is hosting a cupcake and beer pairing event!
Here, the opportunities are endless. Raccoon River Park's 631 acres are home to a soccer complex, softball complex, picnic shelters, playground, multi-use trail, nature lodge, dog park, archery facility, ice rink, 232-acre lake, fishing pier, boat ramp and beach.
West Des Moines Crisis Resources
- West Des Moines Police Department: 250 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines
- Non-emergency calls: (515) 222-3321
- Polk County Resources:
- Sheriff’s Office: 1985 NE 51st Place, Des Moines, IA, 50313
- Administration: (515) 286-3814
- Communications/non-emergency: (515) 286-3333
- Law Enforcement: (515) 286-3306
- Dallas County Resources:
- Sherriff's Office: (515) 993-4771, 201 Nile Kinnick Drive North, Adel
- Non-emergency calls: (515) 993-4567