DES MOINES, IA– Catch a celebration of the launch of Catch Des Moines Active¸ a new sports, health and wellness initiative. The celebration will take place on Monday, March 16 at the Catch Des Moines Release Party brought to you by Bankers Trust from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden (909 Robert D. Ray Drive, Des Moines). A brief program at 5:45 p.m. will unveil the new initiative and the Spring/Summer 2015 edition of Catch Des Moines: The Official Guide to Greater Des Moines. The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission are the hosts of the event.
• 5-6:30 p.m. – Networking; appetizers and drinks; Active showcase featuring sports, health and wellness demonstrations including representatives from:
• Des Moines Roosters Australian Football Club
• Fleet Feet Sports
• Iowa Barnstormers
• Iowa Cubs
• Iowa Crush
• Iowa Energy
• Iowa Speedway
• Iowa Wild
• Iowa's Healthiest State Initiative
• Knoxville Raceway
• Polk County Conservation
• Prairie Meadows Casino, Racetrack & Hotel
• The Athletic Training Room
• 5:45 p.m. – Brief program to include:
• Release of the new Spring/Summer 2015 edition of Catch Des Moines: The Official Guide to Greater Des Moines
• Unveiling of the new Catch Des Moines Active initiative
Food will be provided by Trellis Catering and Café with beverages from Crystal Clear Water and Iowa Beverage Systems. Chris Ranallo will perform live music for event guests.
ABOUT CATCH DES MOINES ACTIVE
This new initiative will showcase Greater Des Moines as a sports, health and wellness destination. The initiative includes local and regional advertising and a new website with resources for both active locals and visitors–from trails maps to sports teams and events to healthy restaurants to seasonal recreation activities. The new website includes three main sections: Do, Watch, Healthy Des Moines – Powered by Hy-Vee.
For more information on the event, visit catchdesmoines.com/events.