Catch Des Moines honored nine businesses and individuals for their strong commitment and support to the tourism industry in Greater Des Moines. Winners received their awards at the Catch Des Moines Annual Celebration, an event that celebrates the success and continued growth of the tourism and the hospitality industry in the metro.
The businesses, university, and individuals received awards for their work in helping bring more meetings, conventions, sporting events, and leisure travelers to Greater Des Moines from July 2016 – June 2017. Three additional businesses were selected through online visitor voting for the 2017 Visitor Choice Awards. The following received awards:
Champion Award Winners
- Community Champion – Prairie Meadows Casino Racetrack & Hotel
- A community contributor who has made Greater Des Moines a better place to visit and live.
- Corporate Champion – Wells Fargo
- A corporation whose advocacy brings vitality and strength to metro tourism.
- Catch Des Moines Champion – Brad Dell, Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival Region 5
- A group or individual that helps increase visitors to Greater Des Moines.
- Partner Champion – Hoyt Sherman Place
- A marketing partner that proudly supports tourism efforts in Greater Des Moines.
- Spirit of Hospitality Champion – Jack Lashier
- An individual who embodies first-class hospitality and supports the industry.
- Sports Champion – Grand View University
- A university, business, or individual that supports bringing sporting events to the metro.
Visitor Choice Awards – Determined by visitor vote
- Attraction of the Year – Blank Park Zoo
- Restaurant of the Year – Centro
- Hotel of the Year – Embassy Suites Des Moines Downtown
For photos of the event or additional information on the voting process, please contact Addison Bratvold at email@example.com or (515) 699-3466.