DES MOINES, Iowa (March 27, 2020) – Today, Catch Des Moines unveiled the Support Local Resource Hub at catchdesmoines.com/supportlocal. The Support Local Resource Hub is a collection of resources for local businesses, residents and visitors.
“We’ve curated the Support Local Resource Hub to be a clearinghouse for all things local support – for businesses, for residents, and for visitors,” said Greg Edwards, CEO of Catch Des Moines. "Right now, our number one priority is preserving and protecting our vibrant Greater Des Moines culture. We’re doing that by promoting ways to support the local business community, keeping our residents healthy, and being a voice and source of inspiration for the hospitality industry.”
The Support Local Resource Hub includes:
- Get Help, Give Help – listings for small business resources, public health authorities, and how to lend a helping hand
- Virtual Activities or Kids and Families blog – a listing of virtual activities and performances hosted by local attractions
- Meeting Planner Resources – information for planners on who to contact for rebookings and support for future events in Greater Des Moines
- Des Good News – a roundup of uplifting stories of central Iowans helping others
- #DSMLocalChallenge – information on how to participate in the DSM local challenge
- 515Local.com – link to a resource for listings of local businesses currently operating
- Support Local Business blog – listing of ways to support local business while practicing social distancing
- Catch Des Moines’ statement on COVID-19 – regularly updated to reflect current state and federal guidance
- A public service announcement from Greg Edwards, President and CEO of Catch Des Moines
The Support Local Resource Hub will be updated regularly as Catch Des Moines launches new initiatives and partnerships in response to the evolving coronavirus crisis.
About Catch Des Moines
Catch Des Moines is the official destination marketing organization promoting and representing Greater Des Moines to leisure travelers and meeting/sports planners. Our focus is to increase visitors to the metro and elevate the visitor experience to drive economic success and enhance the quality of life in the 15 local Greater Des Moines communities we represent. For more information, visit catchdesmoines.com.