DES MOINES, Iowa (September 21, 2023) – Catch Des Moines honored the best of area businesses and individuals for their continued support of the tourism and hospitality industry in Greater Des Moines Wednesday night at Mainframe Studios.Winners were recognized at the 2023 Catch Des Moines Annual Celebration, an event that celebrates success in bringing visitors to the metro with leisure travel marketing, along with conventions, sports, and services. Businesses and individuals received awards for their work in making Greater Des Moines a better place to visit, live, and work, from July 2022 – June 2023. Three additional businesses were selected through online voting for the 2023 Visitor Choice Awards. “The Catch Des Moines Annual Celebration is an event where we reflect on the past year, recognize the many events that happened and our many partners that made a huge impact on our region,” said Catch Des Moines President and CEO Greg Edwards. “And wow, what a great year it has been!”
The awards honored the following individuals and organizations:
- Catch Des Moines Champion: Matt Wenger with Iowa State University
- This champion helps bring more visitors to Greater Des Moines.
- Community Champion: Drake Athletics
- Whether a group or individual, this community contributor has made Greater Des Moines a better place to live, visit, and work.
- Corporate Champion: West Bank
- The advocacy of this corporation brings vitality and strength to Greater Des Moines tourism.
- Partner Champion: Capital City Fruit
- This partner proudly supports tourism efforts in Greater Des Moines.
- Game Changer: MidAmerican Energy Company RecPlex
- This venue has a “yes” attitude to hosting and bringing in events to Greater Des Moines.
- Tourism Champion: Supervisor Angela Connolly
- This champion has been an advocate for the tourism industry since day one advocating the importance and impact of travel and tourism.
Visitor Choice Awards – determined by online visitor vote
- Attraction of the Year: Iowa State Fair
- Hotel of the Year: Hotel Fort Des Moines
- Restaurant of the Year: Centro
For photos of the event or additional information about the awards, please contact Alex Wilson at email@example.com or 515-699-3466.
About Catch Des Moines
The Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Des Moines Area Sportscatchdesmoines.com.Commission, collectively known as Catch Des Moines, is the official destination marketing organization promoting and representing Greater Des Moines to leisure travelers and meeting/sports planners. Our focus is to increase visitors to the metro and elevate the visitor experience to drive economic success and enhance the quality of life in the 14 local Greater Des Moines communities we represent. For more information, visit