DES MOINES, Iowa (October 13, 2022) – Catch Des Moines honored the best of area businesses and individuals for their continued support of the tourism and hospitality industry in Greater Des Moines on Wednesday night at Toast in The District at Prairie Trail in Ankeny.Winners were recognized at the 2022 Catch Des Moines Annual Celebration, an event that celebrates success in bringing visitors to the metro with leisure travel marketing, along with conventions, sports, and services. Businesses and individuals received awards for their work in making Greater Des Moines a better place to visit, live, and work, from July 2021 – June 2022. Three additional businesses were selected through online voting for the 2022 Visitor Choice Awards. “Having not hosted a celebration since 2019, there was much to celebrate, not the least which is our amazing area businesses, leaders, and attractions which make our region such an attractive place to visit,” said Catch Des Moines President and CEO Greg Edwards. “If this last year has taught us anything, it’s that people missed the personal connections and communal nature of everything from going out to restaurants to attending big events. And when it comes to hosting visitors, no one does it better than Greater Des Moines.”
At the event, Catch Des Moines also rolled out the brand evolution of their popular “The S’s Are Silent” marketing campaign, with a new :30 commercial spot, updated color palette and look, and a simplified tagline of “Only the S’s Are Silent”, which will start to be seen around town and in target markets over the coming weeks.The awards honored the following individuals and organizations:
- Catch Des Moines Champion: Blake Jensen
- This champion helps bring more visitors to Greater Des Moines.
- Community Champion: Sgt. Chip Beardsley with the Des Moines Police Department
- Whether a group or individual, this community contributor has made Greater Des Moines a better place to live, visit, and work.
- Corporate Champion: MidAmerican Energy
- The advocacy of this corporation brings vitality and strength to Greater Des Moines tourism.
- Partner Champion: Full Court Press
- This partner proudly supports tourism efforts in Greater Des Moines.
- Spirit of Hospitality: Des Moines Marriott Downtown
- This Champion is committed to hospitality and makes sure to create a memorable experience for the many who visit Greater Des Moines.
- Tourism Champion: Senator Carrie Koelker
- This champion has been an advocate for the tourism industry since day one advocating the importance and impact of travel and tourism.
- Spirit of the Community: Gary Slater
- This champion is an advocate for the community and enhances the visitor experience.
Visitor Choice Awards – determined by online visitor vote
- Attraction of the Year: Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
- Hotel of the Year: Hotel Fort Des Moines
- Restaurant of the Year: Centro
For photos of the event or additional information about the awards, please contact Alex Wilson at email@example.com or 515-699-3466.
About Catch Des MoinesCatch Des Moines is the official destination marketing organization promoting and representing Greater Des Moines to leisure travelers and meeting/sports planners. Our focus is to increase visitors to the metro and elevate the visitor experience to drive economic success and enhance the quality of life in the 14 local Greater Des Moines communities we represent. For more information, visit catchdesmoines.com.