The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau (GDMCVB) will hold a social media marketing workshop from 8 a.m. to Noon Tuesday, October 27 at Connxions, 3901 121st Street in Urbandale.
The workshop, sponsored by Love Scott and Associates, will help participants become more familiar with emerging social media tools and learn how they can fit into a company’s marketing and human resources strategies.
“This is a great opportunity for individuals and companies to gain insight into the role of social media marketing and its effect when used in conjunction with public relations and advertising,” says Greg Edwards, President and CEO of GDMCVB.
Workshop speakers include Andrew B. Clark, interactive director for Love Scott; Claire Celsi, owner of The Public Relations Project; and Ben Stone, owner of RPO Consulting. Doug Mitchell, with Create WOW Media, will also participate in the question and answer session following the workshop.
Topics to be discussed:
- Benefits/disadvantages of social media marketing
- Branding – using Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites for branding
- Networking – building relationships with key industry leaders
- Public Relations and Social Media – measuring ROI, devolution of the mainstream media
- Customer Service – how social media can help companies
The event is free to GDMCVB Marketing Partners and $15 for all other individuals.
To register for this event, visit https://secure.siteoncall.com/events/register_online.php?event=173.