Frequently Asked Questions
- How many square feet is the convention center?
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
- Do you have a hotel attached to your convention center?
- How many hotel rooms are in Greater Des Moines?
- How many hotel rooms are located near the convention center?
- What is the largest hotel in Greater Des Moines?
- What is the largest meeting space in a hotel?
- What is the distance from the airport to downtown?
- How many direct flights does Des Moines have?
- What are Greater Des Moines' top attractions?
- What are the off-site meeting venue options in Greater Des Moines?
The Iowa Events Center’s total square feet is 286,300. There are 226,000 square feet of meeting space, 150,000 square feet of exhibit space, 28,800 square feet of ballroom space, and 60,300 square feet of pre-function space.
The Iowa Events Center has 37 meeting rooms.
There are over 13,000 hotel rooms in Greater Des Moines.
The largest hotel in Greater Des Moines is Des Moines Marriott Downtown. It has 413 rooms.
Prairie Meadows Casino, Racetrack & Hotel has the largest hotel ballroom. It is 14,100 square feet. Their total meeting space is more than 34,775 square feet. The Des Moines Marriott Downtown is a close second with 14,000 square feet and a total meeting space of more than 28,000 square feet.
The Des Moines International Airport is a 10-minute drive (5 miles) to downtown, and most hotels in the metro offer complimentary shuttling as well as shuttling within 2-3 miles of the property. Greater Des Moines also has taxi, limo, Uber, and Lyft services.
The Des Moines International Airport has 20+ direct flights and offers 160 flights a day.
Greater Des Moines is rich in culture and offers all the big-city attractions you would expect to have in a capital city. Some of the major attractions include an amusement park, zoo, science center, art center, casino, and museums. Find more of Des Moines' top attractions here.
World Food Prize Hall of Laureates, West End Salvage, Iowa Hall of Pride, Smash Park, Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens, and Living History Farms are just a few of the many popular off-site venue options in Greater Des Moines. Find a full list of options on our off-site venue page.