Register Now: Marketing & Media Panel
The community is invited to learn about strategic marketing and public relations tactics at the Marketing and Media Panel hosted by the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau. The event will take place Tuesday, May 6 from 8 a.m. – Noon at the Wakonda Club (3915 Fleur Drive, Des Moines).
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 8 – 8:30 a.m. Registration
- 8:30 – 8:45 a.m. Welcome
- 8:45 – 9:30 a.m. Michelle Gowdy, DuPont Pioneer—Developing strategic partnerships
- 9:30 – 9:45 a.m. Break
- 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. Mary Cownie, Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs—Strategies for allocating marketing dollars
- 10:30 – 11:10 a.m. Jennifer Perry, UnityPoint Health – Des Moines—Crisis communication
- 11:10 a.m. – Noon Media Panel with moderator, Diana Deibler of Deibler & Company—Insights from local media; catch PR tips from the pros:
- Jeff Delvaux – Vice President/General Manager, Des Moines Radio Group and Saga Communications
- Dale Woods – President/General Manager, WHO-TV Channel 13 News
- Janette Larkin – Publisher, Business Publications Corporation
- Rick Green – President and Publisher, Des Moines Register
This event is free to all Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau Marketing Partners and Meeting/Sports Planners. Tickets are $25 for the general public and $10 for students. The event is sponsored by Wakonda Club.
Registration is available at catchdesmoines.com/marketingevent.