The website was developed to augment the planning process for media as they prepare to visit our region and assist them while they’re here. The site helps media:
- Find available rental and facility space
- Make hotel reservations
- Review suggested outdoor and indoor shoot locations
- Explore dining options – including late night dining
- Review events and things to do
- Gain access to numerous maps and transportation options
- Make contact with local suppliers
- Gain access to online Greater Des Moines media kit
“We are proud to offer this online tool for media from all over the world,” said Greg Edwards, GDMCVB President and CEO. “Our goal is to welcome these media outlets and offer them assistance to further enhance their visitor experience. We know Greater Des Moines is a wonderful place to live and visit. We want to help the media see what we see so they can share an insider’s look at our community with their viewers, listeners and readers.”
The website is also accessible via smartphone at www.CaucusDM.com with functionality allowing GPS-enabled phones to search nearby bars, restaurants, events, things to do and hotels based on the smartphone-user’s current location.
The GDMCVB will continually update the website until two weeks following the Iowa Caucus.