National Junior High Finals Rodeo Announces Press Conference & Media Credentialing
The National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA), the parent organization of the National Junior High Finals Rodeo Championships, will host a press conference tomorrow, June 19 at 11:30 a.m. CT. The Championships will be in Des Moines for the first time ever, June 22-28. The press conference will coincide with the opening of Contestant Registration in the northwest corner of the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Featured speakers will include representatives from NHSRA, the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and DuPont Pioneer.
On-site story assistance will include:
- Interview opportunities with Junior High contestants
- Video opportunities of contestant check-in and livestock examination
- Interview opportunities with event organizers and sponsors
Prior to the event, media are encouraged to request credentials for on-site coverage of the Championships. Requests can be made by contacting NHSRA Media Coordinator, Kyle Partain, at (719) 534-0330 or email@example.com. Media credentials will be available for pick-up onsite at the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center.
About the National Junior High Finals Rodeo Championships
The Championships in Des Moines will include:
- 13 rodeo performances, with 7 p.m. CT performances June 22-28 and 9 a.m. CT performances June 23-28
- 1,100 Junior High contestants, ages 15 and under
- More than 20 Iowa contestants will compete at the Championships
- 42 states, 5 Canadian provinces and Australia represented by the Junior High contestants
- 50,000 expected spectators; an increase from 35,000 in 2013 due to central location
- $5.3 million in expected economic impact
- 11 different rodeo events, from barrel racing and bull riding to goat tying and chute dogging
- First year the Championships will be held outside of Gallup, New Mexico, since the Junior High division’s inception in 2005
For more information and to purchase tickets online, go to catchdesmoines.com/rodeo.