Marketing & Media Panel Leverages Iowa Caucus; Project Execution
DES MOINES, IA - The 2015 Marketing and Media Panel, hosted by the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission, is set for Thursday, May 14 at the Holiday Inn Airport and Conference Center (6111 Fleur Drive, Des Moines) from 8 a.m. - Noon.
This event is free to all Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau Marketing Partners and Meeting/Sports Planners. Tickets are $25 for general public and $10 for students.
8-8:30 a.m. - Registration
8:30-8:45 a.m. - Welcome
8:45-10:10 a.m. - Taking a Project from Start to Finish
Catch a well-managed and even better executed project. Whether the project is big or small, catch important keys to success. Learn how to get started. Create a marketing plan. Secure sponsors and media support. Keep the project on track. Maximize your chances for success.
• 8:45-9:15 a.m. - Keynote Speaker
• Emily Abbas, Bankers Trust
• 9:20-9:45 a.m. - Breakout Sessions Round 1
• Pitching Your Idea & Getting Sponsors On-Board
• Susan Hatten, Holmes Murphy
• "You Got the Interview, Now What?" Media Training
• Al Setka, Wixted & Company
• Creating a Marketing Plan
• Holly Baumgartel & Kari Stone, Admiria
• Keep Your Team Motivated & Your Project on Track
• Tammy Rogers & Melynda DeCarlo, The Meyvn Group
• 9:45-10:10 a.m. - Breakout Sessions Round 2
• 10:10-10:25 a.m. - Break
• 10:30 a.m. - Noon - Catch the Media's Attention: Leveraging the Iowa Caucus
Want to showcase your business, organization or event when Greater Des Moines and Iowa are on an
international and national scene during the upcoming 2016 Iowa Caucus? Political and media experts
will help you catch the inside-scoop on what the media are looking for. What they hear. What we can
learn. How to get your organization or business covered.
• 10:30-11:15 a.m. - Caucus Hospitality & Messaging Panel
• Moderator: Tiffany Tauscheck, Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau
• Moderator: Joseph Jones, The Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Shawna Lode, Iowa Tourism - Iowa Economic Development Authority
• Shannon Cofield, Drake University
• Annah Backstrom, The Des Moines Register
• 11:15 a.m. - Noon - Politics & Media Panel
• Moderator: Tim Albrecht, Redwave Digital
• Kathie Obradovich, The Des Moines Register
• Dave Price, WHO-TV Channel 13 News
• Ryan Smith, KCCI 8 News
• Kay Henderson, Radio Iowa/Learfield Communications
Registration is available at catchdesmoines.com/marketingevent.The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Des Moines Area Sports Commission market the region as a visitor destination increasing economic growth and enhancing the visitor experience.