Locals Celebrated for Championing Tourism
DES MOINES, IOWA - The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission awarded 11 Champion Awards to local individuals or businesses, as well as three Visitor Choice Awards to local organizations, at last night's Annual Celebration at the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates.
The following organizations were recognized for their commitment to the community through acts of generosity, volunteerism, visitor services, donations and partnerships with Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau/Des Moines Area Sports Commission staff, clients and partners from July 2013 to June 2014:
Champion Award Winners• Advocacy Champion - Suzie Glazer Burt
• Catch Champion - Suku Radia, Bankers Trust
• Catch National Events Champions - Molly Lopez, Iowa Soybean Association & Association Management, LTD
• Civic Champion - Senator Matt McCoy
• Community Champion - Jay Byers, Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Corporate Champion - Wells Fargo Bank
• CVB Champion - Terry McLane
• Media Champion - KCWI 23
• Partner Champion - Catering DSM/Dos Rios Cantina & Tequila Lounge
• Sports Champions - Vernon Delpesce, YMCA of Greater Des Moines
• Volunteer Champion - Jim Thorp, National Junior High Finals Rodeo
• Attraction of the Year - Knoxville Raceway
Visitor Choice Awards - Determined by visitor vote
• Hotel of the Year - Hotel Pattee
• Restaurant of the Year - Baratta's
The Annual Celebration was sponsored by Iowa Beverage Systems.
For photos of the event, please contact Tiffany Tauscheck at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 699-3433.