Greater Des Moines Wins Six Iowa Tourism Awards
Greater Des Moines was presented six awards at the 2014 Iowa Tourism Conference, including Outstanding Social Media Execution, Outstanding Event, Outstanding New Event, Outstanding Lodging and two Outstanding Promotional Material awards.
“It’s a proud moment for our region to be honored with six tourism awards,” says Greg Edwards, President and CEO of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission. “Our city’s efforts continue to be recognized. It’s a true testament to the passionate efforts of our region’s tourism and hospitality industry.”
The awards recognized the following efforts:
· Outstanding Social Media Execution – Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau’s “Catchtributors” team strategy of social media execution and blog launch
· Outstanding Event – Iowa Craft Beer Festival
· Outstanding New Event – BACooN Ride
· Outstanding Lodging – Hotel Pattee
· Outstanding Promotional Material (1) – Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau’s Catch Des Moines Culture ad campaign in Kansas City
· Outstanding Promotional Material (2) – Perry Area Chamber of Commerce
The Iowa Tourism Conference was held in Council Bluffs this week. The awards are given to recipients that have positively contributed to the experience of visitors and quality of life of residents. This is the highest honor given for tourism in Iowa.
A full list of Iowa Tourism award winners will be posted at traveliowa.com.