John & Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park
- Region: Downtown
- Western Gateway Park
- 1330 Grand Avenue
- Des Moines, IA 50309
- Phone: (515) 657-8264
In September 2009, the Des Moines Art Center and the City of Des Moines partnered to open a 4.4-acre sculpture park in the heart of Downtown Des Moines. It features 28 works of art donated to the museum by John and Mary Pappajohn from their renowned collection of contemporary sculptures.
- Admission Price: Free
- Group Rates: Free
- Guides Available:
- Hours of Operation: The sculpture park is open during city park hours, which are sunrise to midnight.
- Season: The Pappajohn Sculpture Park is open year round. Guided tours are available from April 1 through October 31.
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Specialty Tours (Ex: Kid-friendly):: Audio tours of the Sculpture Park are available online or by dialing (515) 657-8264.
- Tour Length: Tours are typically one hour unless otherwise noted.
- Tour Times: Guided tours are available upon request with at least three weeks advance notice. Drop-in tours are offered the second Monday of each month from 12:30 – 1 pm and the fourth Friday of each month from 2:30 – 3 pm from April through October.