Iowa State Fair
- Region: East/Northeast
- E 30th Street & E University Avenue
- Iowa State Fairgrounds
- Des Moines, IA 50317
- Phone: (515) 262-3111
"Nothing Compares" to the annual August extravaganza that inspired the novel State Fair and is featured in the New York Times bestseller 1000 Places to See Before You Die. The Iowa State Fair features mouth-watering food, fabulous free entertainment, one of the world’s largest livestock shows and countless zany contests. Join us August 10-20, 2017.
- Admission Price: Advance Admission, Until August 10: Adults, $8; Ages 6-11, $4; Ages 5 and under, Free; Regular Gate Admission: Adults, $12; Ages 6-11, $5; Ages 5 and under, free. Prices are subject to change.
- Group Rates: Groups & Tours information can be found at http://www.iowastatefair.org/visit/groups-tours/ Group Sales (non-motorcoach) information can be found at iowastatefair.org/for-visitors/group-tours/group-sales/.
- Hours of Operation: Grounds: 7 a.m. - 1 a.m.; Buildings: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Midway: 10 a.m. - Midnight.
- Season: August 10-20, 2017.
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Specialty Tours (Ex: Kid-friendly):: n/a
- Tour Length: n/a