- Region: Central
- Union Park
- 1801 Pennsylvania Avenue
- Des Moines, IA 50316
- Phone: (515) 323-8200
Heritage Carousel is a turn-of-the-century replica carousel. It is hand-carved, hand-painted and turns to an old-fashioned band organ. It has 30 animals, two chariots and is wheelchair accessible. It is located in Union Park, off of Pennsylvania Avenue, one of the largest parks in Des Moines which offers the popular Rocket Slide, a free splash pool, play equipment and large open play spaces.
- Admission Price: Adults, $1; Children, $0.50; adult standing next to a child is free.
- Group Rates: Call for rental fees or bulk token rates.
- Hours of Operation: Noon - 7 p.m. T-Thu; 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. F-Sun; Closed Mondays except for holidays, private parties and special events.
- Season: Open Memorial Day until Des Moines Public Schools begin in the fall as well as additional weekends in May and September. Also available for private rentals during the off season.
- Specialty Tours (Ex: Kid-friendly):: Kid-friendly, nostalgic for senior citizens.
- Tour Length: Varies