- Des Moines Social Club - Kum & Go Theater
- Address: 9th and Cherry St, Des Moines, IA 50309
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday until November 19, 2017
- Wed - Fri 7:30 p.m.; Sat 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Sun 2 p.m.
- Phone: (515) 309-0251
- Price: Adult $35; Senior $30; Student $20 - All Ages
In a run-down movie theater in central Massachusetts, three underpaid employees mop the floors and attend to one of the last 35 millimeter film projectors in the state. Their tiny battles and not-so-tiny heartbreaks play out in the empty aisles, becoming more gripping than the lackluster, second-run movies on screen. With keen insight and a finely-tuned comic eye, The Flick is a hilarious and heart-rending cry for authenticity in a fast-changing world. “The Flick draws out nakedly truthful and unadorned acting. This lovingly observed play will sink deep into your consciousness." - The New York Times