Rapture, Blister, Burn
- Des Moines Social Club - Kum & Go Theater
- Address: 9th and Cherry St, Des Moines, IA 50309
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday until May 20, 2018
- Weds - Fri 7:30 p.m.; Sat 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Sun 2 p.m.
- Phone: (515) 309-0251
- Price: Adult $35; Senior $30; Student $20 - All Ages
After grad school, Catherine and Gwen chose polar opposite paths. Catherine built a career as a rockstar academic, while Gwen built a home with her husband and children. Decades later, unfulfilled in polar opposite ways, each woman covets the other's life, commencing a dangerous game of musical chairs—the prize being Gwen's husband. With searing insight and trademark wit, this comedy is an unflinching look at gender politics in the wake of 20th-century feminist ideals. "…intensely smart, immensely funny…RAPTURE more largely illuminates how hard it can be to forge both a satisfying career and a fulfilling personal life in an era that seems to demand superhuman achievement from everyone." —NY Times.