Menu

Des Moines Race for the Cure

  • Overview

    On October 27th, plan to join Komen Greater Iowa for the 27th annual Race for the Cure. All net proceeds go toward the fight to end breast cancer. 75 percent of Race for the Cure's proceeds stays in our community to support women's health and local breast cancer support programs, while the remaining 25 percent helps fund world class breast cancer research.
    Did you know that your registration fee helps to put on the Race? Your FUNDRAISING dollars go toward the fight against breast cancer!! We need YOUR help! Build a team, create some fun events to raise money (bingo, raffles, car wash, lemonade stand, garage sale, etc.) This year’s Team Incentives will be an added bonus to being #MoreThanPink! Register today at: www.komengreateriowa.org/dmrace

    Race Day Schedule
    7:00 a.m. - Race Site opens to the public
    7:00 a.m. – Hope Village opens for Breakfast (for survivors & those living with metastatic)
    7:15 a.m. - Pink Honor Roll Breakfast for Top 100 Fundraisers from 2017
    8:00 a.m. - Survivors gather at Hope Village for the Parade
    8:15 a.m. - Survivor photo (in front of main stage)
    8:30 a.m. - Race day aerobic warm-up
    9:00 a.m. - 5K (timed & untimed)/walk begins
    9:30 a.m. - 1 mile walk & talk begins
    9:45 a.m. - Last chance to start on the Race course for any event
    10:15 a.m. - Awards Ceremony and Top 25 Medal Winners announced from the stage
    10:15 a.m. - Kid's Race (ages 10 and under) begins on E. 12th Street behind the stage
    10:30 a.m. - Kid's Race winners announced from the stage
    11:30 a.m. - Site closes to the public