BACooN RIDE 4
- June 17, 2017
- See website for pre and post gatherings
- Price: $50 prior to May 1st; see description
What happens when the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival collides with RAGBRAI? You get the BACooN RIDE 4! That’s the AWARD WINNING BACooN RIDE! Like to ride Bicycles? Like Bacon? Like the Raccoon River Valley Trail?
Put it all together and you have the BACooN RIDE starting and ending in Waukee. Take a 71 mile (or less by using optional starting points) on the Raccoon River Valley Trail featuring numerous bacon stops, a bacon-themed lunch and numerous drink specials at establishments along the way.
This is the ultimate RAGBRAI training ride as you BIKE, EAT & _______ (Fill in the blank!) like you do on RAGBRAI!
The event is presented by RAGBRAI, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and the Iowa Bicycle Coalition and will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2017! Not only will the BACooN RIDE 4 be great fun, but 100% of the proceeds benefits the Iowa Bicycle Coalition, RAGBRAI’s Dream Team and other great Iowa charities!
The BACooN RIDE 4 registration is $50 (before May 1st) includes:
- Numerous BACON stops featuring BACON snacks and samples throughout the day (You will receive approximately 9 BACON items at these BACON stops throughout the ride!)
- BACON-themed lunch
- A commemorative PassPORK (punch card for your BACON treats!)
- Awesome drink specials at numerous BACON party stops (including BACON-themed drinks)
- Custom BACooN RIDE 4 Moisture-wicking Performance T-shirt
- Commemorative BACooN RIDE 4 slap coozie
- Ride support/mechanics
Fees are $50 until May 1.
$60 until June 1.
$70 until June 10.
$80 until June 14 and No merch or while supplies last.
$90 until June 15 and no merchandise.
$100 until June 17 and no merchandise.
BACooN RIDE 4 Menu of Bacon Stops:
You will receive a PASS-PORK for these delicious items along the 71 mile route that are INCLUDED with your registration::
Packet Pickup: This year packet pick-up has been extended to include a downtown packet pick-up on Wednesday and Thursday in addition tthe regular packet pick-up at the event site in Waukee. You will need to bring your printed receipted or be prepared to show receipt on your mobile device.
Wednesday, June 15 & Thursday, June 16
12 noon – 6pm
Downtown – Des Moines Register
Capital Square Atrium (400 Locust)
Friday, June 17
5pm – 8pm
Centennial Park (in the beverage garden)
Saturday, June 18
6am – 9am
Centennial Park (at the ride start)