COVID-19 Public Mandates
City of Des Moines
City of Des Moines administration buildings are closed to the public until at least October 1. Masks are not mandated; however, they are strongly encouraged when in public areas where maintaining social distance is not possible. More city information regarding COVID can be found here.
State of Iowa
Governor Kim Reynolds is encouraging Iowans to wear face masks in public with the launch of the new #StepUpMaskUpIA campaign. Individuals and businesses are encouraged to follow CDC guidance related to social distancing and frequent cleaning of shared spaces and surfaces. For complete Public Health COVID Reopening Guidance for Iowa, click here.
You can view all of the Polk County COVID guidance, including FAQs and business resources, here.
Information and resources:
- Polk County Health Department: Travel Resources, Public Guidance, and Gathering recommendations
- Iowa Department of Public Health guidance for businesses and organizations
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus, Guidelines for Events, and Travel Notices
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- U.S. Travel Association: Health and Travel Safety Guidance
- Destinations International: Information and Resources
- North Star Meetings Group Summary of Meetings Industry Statements, Resources and Responses to Coronavirus