COVID-19 Public Mandates
State of Iowa
February 7, 2021: Governor Kim Reynolds signed a public health proclamation. The proclamation no longer limits the size of gatherings and also lifted the statewide mask mandate. All organizers are encouraged to continue implementing proper safety standards for all attendees such as social distancing, increased hygiene measures and to follow guidance from the Iowa Department of Public health.
City of Des Moines
As of August 26, 2020, City of Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie issued a mask mandate for the city requiring masks in businesses, including restaurants.
Find more city information regarding COVID on their website.
View the Polk County Health Department for COVID guidance, including FAQs and business resources.
Information and resources:
- Polk County Health Department: Travel Resources, Public Guidance, and Gathering recommendations
- Iowa Department of Public Health guidance for businesses and organizations
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus, Guidelines for Events, and Travel Notices
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- U.S. Travel Association: Health and Travel Safety Guidance
- Destinations International: Information and Resources
- North Star Meetings Group Summary of Meetings Industry Statements, Resources and Responses to Coronavirus