COVID-19 Public Mandates
City of Des Moines
As of August 26, 2020, City of Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie issued a mask mandate for the city requiring masks in businesses, including restaurants.
City of Des Moines administration buildings are closed to the public until at least October 1. Find more city information regarding COVID on their website.
View the Polk County Health Department for COVID guidance, including FAQs and business resources.
State of Iowa
Governor Kim Reynolds is encouraging Iowans to wear face masks in public with the launch of the new #StepUpMaskUpIA campaign. Individuals and businesses are encouraged to follow CDC guidance related to social distancing and frequent cleaning of shared spaces and surfaces. View the complete Public Health COVID Reopening Guidance PDF for Iowa.
Information and resources:
- Polk County Health Department: Travel Resources, Public Guidance, and Gathering recommendations
- Iowa Department of Public Health guidance for businesses and organizations
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus, Guidelines for Events, and Travel Notices
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- U.S. Travel Association: Health and Travel Safety Guidance
- Destinations International: Information and Resources
- North Star Meetings Group Summary of Meetings Industry Statements, Resources and Responses to Coronavirus