Help Greater Des Moines catch more meetings. More conventions. More tournaments. And more economic impact for the local economy. Today the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission embark on a campaign encouraging locals to be a Catch Champion, engaging locals to help bring events to Greater Des Moines.
“We have proven success that locals are the best advocates for our city,” said Greg Edwards, President and CEO of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission. “Our hope is to bring forth local members of regional or national associations, organizations, leagues or clubs. Gaining a local’s support in bringing events to Greater Des Moines could lead to millions of dollars in economic impact for the community.”
In fiscal year 2012-2013, more than 200 events and $40 million in economic impact were the direct result of a Catch Champion working with the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau or Des Moines Area Sports Commission to bring an event to Greater Des Moines.
“Be proud of Greater Des Moines, and help your organization catch the spirit of Des Moines too!” Edwards adds.
Catch Champions Interview Opportunities:
- Suku Radia, CEO and President of Bankers Trust – local Catch Champion who led the effort to secure the 2017 LPGA Solheim Cup
- Iowa State University Athletics – local Catch Champions in securing the 2013 NCAA Division I Wrestling National Championships
- Contact: Jamie Pollard, Director of Athletics, Iowa State University
- Harold Kahler and Tim Pearson of Iowa Soccer Association – local Catch Champions in securing the 2013 US Youth Soccer Association’s Region II Championship
- Jeremy Bingaman, Design Director of Saga Communications/Saga Interactive – local Catch Champion in securing the 2013 Women’s Flat Track Derby Association Division 2 Playoffs
- Cindy Hunter, Chairman, Iowa Shorthorn Association – local Catch Champion in securing the 2013 American Shorthorn Association’s Junior National Show and Youth Conference
- Iowa County Engineers Association’s NACE planning committee – local Catch Champions in securing the 2013 National Association of County Engineers Annual Meeting
- Contact: Todd Kinney, County Engineer, Clinton County, Iowa
The campaign launch includes print and digital billboard advertising throughout Central Iowa and a campaign microsite. A social media component includes a video depiction of “Bob,” a fictitious local Catch Champion: youtube.com/catchdesmoines.
For more information on Catch Champions, visit catchdesmoines.com/champions.