Complimentary item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid…
The Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau (GDMCVB) has an opening for the position of Marketing Manager. This position is in the marketing department with special focus and support of the marketing team efforts. The ideal candidate should be energetic, creative and detail-oriented with a marketing or project management background and have experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs.
Job duties include assisting in planning and execution of special events, design and ordering of marketing collateral, coordinating direct mail projects, management of promotional products and serving as a liaison between meeting planners and the marketing department.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree or two to three years of related experience.
SPORTS, SALES & SERVICES INTERN
The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau (GDMCVB) and the Des Moines Area Sports Commission (DMASC), has an opening for the position of Sports, Sales & Services Intern. This position will work within the Sports, Sales & Services department. Qualified individuals will possess self-starting skills with an eagerness to learn and take on responsibilities while furthering their education and abilities.
- Represent Catch Des Moines at sporting events and conventions; providing support to our Catch Crew team and welcoming visitors to our city.
- Research sports and meeting industry news and upcoming events.
- Continued updates of our software database, ensuring up-to-date and accurate information.
- Assist with services for both the sports and sales teams including, but not limited to, name badges, hotel listings, maps, welcome signs, gift bags, etc.
- Assist with preparation for tradeshows and other internal events.
- Assist with annual golf tournament planning and implementation (June 2017).
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Approximately 15 hours per week.
- Monthly stipend and parking provided.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Must be present at events taking place in Des Moines; schedule of events will be communicated prior to start date (additional events may be scheduled during internship).
- Consistent and reliable presence at work is an important part of the job.
- Target start date: March 2017.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume to:
Airport Volunteers are an integral part of how the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau is able to accomplish its mission of continually reaching out to visitors, promoting Des Moines as an attractive, vibrant and affordable destination and having a positive impact on our community. Volunteers have the opportunity to greet visitors arriving to and departing from the city, as well as answer questions they may have about where to eat, where to stay and what to do while they are in Des Moines. Volunteers man an information kiosk in the public waiting area of the terminal making them easily accessible and welcoming to all. Basic training is provided, as well as other tools to make it easy to promote the city. We are looking for people willing to take on a four-hour time slot each week or act as fill-ins for other volunteers when needed.
Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau
400 Locust, Suite 265
Des Moines, IA 50309
Buy 2 entrées at regular price, appetizer up to $8.99 is…