What We Do
|MARKETING PLAN/STRATEGIC PRIORITY|
In early 2018, Catch Des Moines went through a strategic planning process to identify a set of SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time) bound goals for the next three years. These goals involved every department, from administration to marketing to sales, sports and services. The resulting plan was called Pillars for Progress. The three pillars were defined as:
Increase Economic Impact
- Strategically secure conventions, events and leisure travelers
Enhance the Visitor Experience
- Extend their stay or consider a return visit
- Provide a great experience
Advance Catch Des Moines Relevancy
- Continue to be a leader in the region, involved in all conversations regarding destination development
- Market Greater Des Moines as a travel destination outside of Iowa
- Promote tourism as a major industry within Greater Des Moines
View the full 2019-2020 Annual Marketing Plan HERE.
|DESTINATION MASTER PLAN|
Catch Des Moines has engaged global professional services firm Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) in the creation of a Destination Master Plan that will help guide tourism growth in the Greater Des Moines region.
The eight-month project will help identify areas that—with proper leverage and investment—would “move the needle” and encourage more over-night visitors to the region. The goal of the process is to drive stakeholder and community collaboration to craft a singular vision and a roadmap to increase both leisure and group travel as well as enhancing the visitor experience. LEARN MORE.